Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Unsettled and Off-Balance

Explanation: The first of those two I am working on figuring out- I'll let you know when I know. It was just one of those days that I woke up feeling unsettled, not really knowing why! Possible causes: Rach is leaving today, our utilities are ending on Thursday (which really isn't that big of a deal since we're moving out, but for some reason it's really bothered me), I lost my passport, statement of cash flows (always a headache), dreading my last final (just need to go DO IT!), volcano in Iceland... That's all I can think of. It's bound to be one (or two) of those things. At least I have a list to work from.

Second, I think that has to do with the massive books I have to carry to campus everyday. Today I tried something new- I put them in a bag, thinking that would be easier than carrying them in my arms. But the bag only made me feel lopsided. Maybe I need two bags- one for each volume of the code and one for each arm. I've included a picture of my beloved IRC (Internal Revenue Code), so just imagine these two... plus a textbook that is just as big as both of them put together. Seriously, isn't accounting a "nerdy" enough major even without all of the textbooks? I think I'm going to treat myself to a back massage once finals are over- purely a NEED rather than a want... probably could be considered qualified education expense. Ok, ok, I'll spare you the accounting humor. Back to the books it is (literally).

1 comment:

  1. Lauren-
    Thanks for sending me this link. You are a wonderful writer and I love reading your thoughts --- Good luck with your last final!

    ReplyDelete